- Brown Patch - caused by the pathogen Rhizoctinia solani - it can cause large brown or faded patches of diseased grass.
- Moss - a nuisance to the lawn enthusiasts, moss thrives where there is shade and poor soil drainage so can flourish under the cover of the leaves.
Other pests that can be encouraged by blankets of wet leaves include algae and a multitude of worms which can leave unsightly casts over your lawn. Worms can also attract moles who will tunnel to the surface, ruining your lawn and making repair very difficult.
Leaves are also a slip hazard and, even on the lawn, can lead to nasty accidents.
So rake, blow, suck or whatever it takes but do get those leaves off your lawn! Here is a list of equipment that you might use to clear leaves. You click through each to see more details.
- Manual Leaf Rakes
- Hand Held Petrol, Mains Electric or Cordless Leaf Blowers
- Backpack Leaf Blowers
- Wheeled Leaf Blowers
- Push Leaf Sweepers
- Towed Leaf Sweepers (you will need a ride-on or lawn tractor)
- Wheeled Lawn & Leaf Vacuums